IO Strategic Goals
A Comprehensive Approach to Internationalisation
For the BUE to work on its mission to be a responsive university with impact operating on a vibrant 21st century university campus, the Internationalisation Office (IO) will derive its momentum and raison d’être from a comprehensive approach to its internationalisation strategy. Such approach will necessitate working on several parallel levels including recruiting of international students and staff, enriching the students and alumni experience, elevating the staff international exposure, increasing the visibility of BUE internationally and its global presence through collaborations that address challenges transcending national boundaries. We are a British University based in Egypt’s greater capital area with a potential international reach covering the MENA region and Africa.
To achieve this comprehensive approach, the IO sets out the following strategic goals to define its core services:
- Transforming the BUE campus into an International Campus which offers its premises to be “a home away from home” for existing and future international students and staff. A campus that fosters an institutional commitment to diversity, inclusion and bridging cultural gaps.
- Increasing the numbers of international students and staff; this will require a new marketing and PR campaign lead by the IO staff and BUE academics supported by the administration staff from the marketing & PR departments, students affairs and registrar.
- Enriching the BUE experience for international and non-local students; including students orientations on life on campus and community safety, assistance with admission, visas or residence permits, lodging & post arrival orientation and travel arrangements.
- Growing the number of opportunities for Students Exchange Programs to enhance the overall quality of education through Internalisation at home and abroad.
- Providing mobility windows for staff (inwards and outwards) at all levels, including administrative staff as well faculty aiming at quality and successful knowledge transfer to other peers.
- Managing current institutional collaborations and expanding on international cooperation with the best academic and research institutions through solid and active MOUs or partnership agreements working towards the fulfillment of BUE strategic goals.
- Coordinating all activities contributing to the University International Ranking; depending on the benchmarking BUE targets, this will entail varying stakeholders, responsibilities and accountabilities.